View Single Post
Old 03-18-2019, 08:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
That's the first thing that occurred to me. There's a fight (gosh, a fight in Fleetwood Mac?), so you send the two parties to neutral corners for six months. Big deal!

Something is still odd to me here—maybe because I don't think Stevie's as pathological as some of my colleagues think here. If she's disgusted with Lindsey and she's just finished a fabulous solo tour, why didn't she tell Fleetwood Mac, "Sorry, I'm not doing this anymore. I'm going back on the road with the Pretenders or Don Henley or one of my other famous pals who can sell out arenas with me"?

Or DID she tell them that, and they panicked and sacrificed Lindsey at that point in order to keep the band's tour intact? "Stevie! Wait! What if we fire him? Will you stay? Is there anyone you'd want to replace him? Name your terms."

So Mick and Christine are out doing marginal press at best for this tour, answer questions and essentially taking the hit for Stevie too. Creating a nice little buffer for her from reality. Sure they are pointing fingers her way too (very delicately or she will kick them out too--they still have EU and AU/NZ to get thru), but she doesn't have to answer anything. Do the rest of them think they can just knock on LB's door when the tour is over and say "Stevie made us do it---hope we can still be friends" And how does she look at herself in the mirror knowing she orchestrated (in all likelihood) the demise of the rest of the bands friendships/relationships with Lindsey. I guess when you can go home and count your millions, it doesn't matter? Morally corrupt people