View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 03:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
As long as Mick and other members of the present band keep giving bs PR interviews that reference in only the most generic and half-assed ways the firing of their artistic lynchpin, I suspect none of us who keep commenting will “get over it.” And as long as the present lineup is till raking in money on a tour made up of songs largely crafted or arranged by the person they fired, well—getting over it just ain’t going to happen.

Most of us would welcome an honest interview from Mick that says more than “we were unhappy”—a sentiment held, quite visibly, by only 1/5 of the Rumours fivesome. If he and the McVies would just own their greed and say they bowed to the inbalance and spite of their star, that’d be a start. But obviously that isn’t going to happen and we’re not going to stop bitching.
I’m not saying anyone has to get over it and learn to accept the band now etc. I know I don’t and I never will. But honestly it’s basically fact that nothing anyone in the band says about the matter will change anytime soon so at some point it’s got to be tiring just saying the same things over and over and over for a year. If Mick or Stevie or someone actually said something different to fuel some new conversation then that would be something. But at this point it doesn’t look like that’s gonna happen so the talk never changes, everyone just keeps repeating different variations of the same thing they have been saying for a year. Like trust me, I know Mick is shameless and Stevie is crazy but really what’s the point in it being repeated constantly when it isn’t fueling any new discussion.