View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 06:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
As long as Mick and other members of the present band keep giving bs PR interviews that reference in only the most generic and half-assed ways the firing of their artistic lynchpin, I suspect none of us who keep commenting will “get over it.” And as long as the present lineup is till raking in money on a tour made up of songs largely crafted or arranged by the person they fired, well—getting over it just ain’t going to happen.

Most of us would welcome an honest interview from Mick that says more than “we were unhappy”—a sentiment held, quite visibly, by only 1/5 of the Rumours fivesome. If he and the McVies would just own their greed and say they bowed to the inbalance and spite of their star, that’d be a start. But obviously that isn’t going to happen and we’re not going to stop bitching.
Mick could easily ask for no more questions about Lindsey, like Stevie did. But he LOVES stirring the pot. So if he still can say nasty things about Lindsey I think we’re still entitled to support him and bitch about those traitors.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.