View Single Post
Old 02-25-2019, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
You could consider it her seventh, in fact: Timespace, Enchanted, Crystal Visions, The Divine Stevie Nicks (on EMI in Europe), Bella Donna Deluxe, Wild Heart Deluxe, and now this new one. Seven repackages of previously released is excessive and illustrative of Stevie's narcissism. She and Lindsey both officially started their solo career in 1981. In that time, Stevie has produced eight solo albums and Lindsey has produced six solo albums and one "duo" album. But up against her seven repackages, he has released only one.

Might be fun to compare their live album output, too, and to speculate on the dearth or surfeit, depending. She's gone out on the road a lot more than he has, but their live album output is roughly equal: Live at the Bass Performance Hall, Songs from the Small Machine, One Man Show vs. the Fox Wilshire, Red Rocks, Soundstage Sessions/Live in Chicago.
I wouldn't put the Greatest Hits and the re-releases in the same category. Yes, they're both repackages, but they serve a different purpose. In my mind, there's more justification for re-releases that provide bonus material and fun, previously unreleased stuff for the fans. I enjoy those, and I hope she re-releases the rest of her albums (yes, even Street Angel).

A fourth Greatest Hits with nothing new, though (just counting worldwide releases)? Not even a single demo "from the vault"?

No, that's ridiculous. Enough already.

(Same for the parade of live albums on Lindsey's end, but at least he's still putting out new stuff.)

Last edited by sodascouts; 02-25-2019 at 12:16 PM..