View Single Post
Old 02-24-2019, 10:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Even when the surgery is planned and there has been a bit of time to prepare (mentally and physically), it’s a difficult recovery. I’m sure having it happen under emergency circumstances makes it an even greater challenge
Emotions are totally different. With a planned surgery, even though it's difficult for the patient and the family, you have extra time to organize everything. When you undergo emergency surgery, emotions usually run higher. You move forward because you have to, and because you have to put a brave face in front of the patient, but on the inside you want to scream and go to bed and wake up the next year.

It's a great challenge not only for the patient but for the family as well. My sister underwent 1 emergency surgery and 12 planned, so my perspective is from the family side. Can't even imagine what's like on the patient side.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.