Thread: Entitled jerks
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2019, 06:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yes, but when they were apart Christine also complained about long guitar solos. What irked me is that she cast shade on Lindsey and then let her nephew Dan go to town. What in the devil? Of course, I think she was miffed when she said she hated guitar solos. I know she knows what LB’s guitar means to YMLF, for example.
I don’t see any contradiction in Christine’s attitude about guitar solos. For decades she and Lindsey (and before him Danny Kirwan) hated guitar solos that are improvised. Christine (and LB) like part playing—the excellent guitar solo on YMLF is NOT the kind of solo she was talking about in her ITM interviews. For example. That guitar part is a part with an identifiable melody and restrained number of bars. Dan Perfect’s guitar parts on ITM are partially influenced by LB—and he said so. Heck, even when Rick Vito was on board the solos never turned into the open-ended jamming solos Christine hates. If anything, her comments on the ITM interview show her to be pretty consistent to a fault: after decades of replays, a little more jamming and extension could really help some old FM tunes.