View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 07:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
Really!! I'd like to know what was the straw that finally broke the old goat's back?! How bad could it have been? Was it just a culmination of years and years of being around Lindsey that she had had enough? That her tolerance of Lindsey had reached a new low? But even then to just axe him with no formal explanation from the band face to face is just beyond comprehension!! WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE?!! And then to think they're raking in millions of dollars on a tour with a setlist including a majority of the songs that Lindsey helped craft is just gut wrenching to me! This is all just so sickening and wrong.
I agree they handled things quite badly, but truth be told we have no idea what Lindsey was like behind closed doors. We don't know what Stevie had been putting up with, and frankly it's none of our business.

So while I don't blame Stevie or the band for choosing to end things with Lindsey, I absolutely do take issue with them for carrying on as Fleetwood Mac without him. After 1997, the band had no business excluding any Rumours member willing and able to participate.

I'm just surprised that Lindsey wasn't a full partner immune from firing. I wonder whether he tried to negotiate for such an arrangement when he rejoined in 1997. He certainly should have.

Does anyone know who was managing him in 1997? (We know from the Destiny Rules documentary that Tony Dimitriades was managing him in 2002, but that's five years later.)

Last edited by cbBen; 02-18-2019 at 07:18 AM..