View Single Post
Old 02-08-2019, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Since my post appears to have come across as it was written by Stevie or Karen, let me clarify:
- I have presented the counter-argument to the Lindsey and his fans' argument.
- I do not express agreement or disagreement with the counter argument.
- However, I am sick of this being a one-sided argument about Saint Lindsey and how terrible (most of) the rest of the band are.
- Stevie is ABSOLUTELY wrong not to create new music. At the very least she should be writing brand new solo songs. Or recording My Mother's Rings.
- Touring is not evil. It is not our enemy. One wonderful night to remember still has value, and if it is filmed, a LIVE ALBUM also has much merit.
We're not saying Lindsey is a saint, and this is not a one-sided argument. But the fact is... Lindsey was fired. By Stevie. And she justified her decision with a lie. And Mick backed her up. Because she means money and Lindsey doesn't. And John and Christine lowered their heads and said nothing. So, yeah, they're pretty much a bunch of a$$holes and until they do something to prove us wrong, I will continue believing the same thing.

Tough if some of you don't like it.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.