View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 04:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I do however think she is jealous because LB did something she couldn't do. And, he made an album with Christine and it was delightful for all 4 members.. (guess he's not such a monster after all)
i think you are onto something here - it's about that crazy competitiveness and jealousy and trying to always one-up each other between those 2. professionally and personally.

him being there with his gorgeous family and paying attention to them and not her? did you ever watch their interactions on stage and how she behaves when he pays attention to fans (that the band is there for!) instead of her? if you did, you have your answer.

also, while LB has humbly stated a number of times how lucky he feels to have been invited into FM, SN seems to be determined to project how she would be highly successful no matter what or who, that it's all in the talent and hard work - and that luck, timing, and people around her had nothing to do with it. she's certainly not humble. so while many seem to be inclined to ascribe emotional and personal reasons to why SN put out her ultimatum, imho ejecting LB out of FM has a lot to do with that - another step in trying to prove it's all her and his contributions to her and FM success were minimal. of course, other parts add on - BuckVie happy collaboration, wanting to make new music, and not bowing down to the queen like she's been used to outside FM. now she has upper hand in the band, everyone has to bow down to her, and can do whatever she wants. it may not make her or the rest of the band members happy, but i guess money, arena adulation and private jets more than make up for it!

that said, if LB stated something as possibly playing into it, i'm surprised that so many fans seem to think they know what triggers SN much better than he does, even though the 2 of them knew each other for 50+ years.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"