View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

there is plenty of misogyny going around. false labeling of fair points that have nothing to do with it as misogyny, just because the person someone talks about is a woman, is not helpful. it just muddies the issue.

Stevie Nicks has said plenty of times, over and over, that she regrets not having kids. this is not something fans ascribe to her. she has talked about her lost klonopin decade as her last chance to finally have a kid.

and - of course a woman doesn't need a partner or kids to be accomplished. and plenty of women do. just this specific woman seems to be talking a lot about how much she missed by not having a family. maybe she's just bsing, i can't know that, but she talked about it plenty.

let's stay close - in FM. why is nobody saying that Christine is jealous of families that others in FM have? because she is so obviously not! because she has never talked about missing out by not having kids. seems pretty obvious Christine Perfect McVie not just is incredibly accomplished but also owns and is happy with choices she made in life.
I love strong women and I don't think a woman needs to complete herself to have kids. In fact, I have always respected Stevie (because I'm gay and don't have kids and had aspirations to be on stage) for following her career.

I do however think she is jealous because LB did something she couldn't do. And, he made an album with Christine and it was delightful for all 4 members.. (guess he's not such a monster after all)

If you look at the way these two woman act. Both are divorced without kids. But one is very bitter and angry and the other classy and humble. That's not misogyny. Please don't overuse that word. Let it be used for women in this world that need it and deserve it.

I truly hope $tevie apologizes to Lindsey and family for her little nasty stunt. And then furthering the embarrassment by going on National TV and saying it was his own fault he was fired. $he said that with a straight face knowing that not one of them was decent enough to pick up the phone and say, "hey, I'm upset about XXXX, let's talk." The more I learn about it through different channels, the more it sickens me.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 01-29-2019 at 02:11 PM..