View Single Post
Old 01-22-2019, 08:18 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
I meant passing it over for inclusion on the album, not as a replacement for the song "Bella Donna." "Gold And Braid" should probably have gone on there too (don't know what Fleetwood Mac was doing recording "Welcome To The Room Sara" and "When I See You Again" with a song like "Gold And Braid" available).
"Gold and Braid", "Sleeping Angel", and "Blue Lamp" and even "Julia" are all so stellar. I'd add them all to "Bella Donna" if I could. "The Highwayman" is the only one I could think of axing though, maaaaybe "Think About It" as it has always kind of come off as filler when "After the Glitter Fades" did the country bent a bit better. I still love that song though.

I'm trying to picture "Gold & Braid" on Tango with the ethereal 80s keyboards and drum machines and it's hurting my head a bit . Of her demos at the time, "Running Through the Garden" and "At the Fair" would've been my picks to replace "...Sara" and "When I See You Again", respectively. Maybe "Night Gallery" too. I could see 80s Lindsey doing some really cool stuff with those songs.

"The face of a pretty girl x1,000,000" -Isn't It Midnight (The song that got me into Christine McVie)

"The sun is bright, but not too bright to see. When the darkness comes you've got to fly into the light." -Doing What I Can (The song that got me into Lindsey Buckingham)

"I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain" -The Chain (The song that got me into Fleetwood Mac)

Last edited by Netter75; 01-22-2019 at 08:21 PM..