View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 08:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I think there’s a lot of wishful thinking in this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by luminol View Post
Sadly, I agree. I want to believe in happier possibilities in the future but in reality, it's just wishful thinking to help ease the pain and frustration of the current situation.
In the 90s, a reunion of the Rumours band seemed an impossibility. Then after Christine left and became a hermit, her return seemed even more improbable. Which is exactly why I think Lindsey’s return is possible. Stevie made the ultimate power move and won. She’s now also the first woman to be inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame twice. She’s finally gotten the respect from the band and the industry. I can see Stevie inviting Lindsey back now that she’s made her point, with certain concessions of course. No more demands for a new album, etc.

I can also see Chris putting her foot down about Lindsey returning, too. His whole ouster was planned & executed behind her back. Chris had to of been p!ssed. I suspect she was already contractually obligated to the tour, or she might have shut down this whole cover band embarrassment. If Chris were to walk away from the band after this tour, FM would be over. And that most certainly wouldn’t be in any of their interests.