View Single Post
Old 12-18-2018, 07:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Ok....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
in the rock and roll hall of fame as a member of Fleetwood Mac and as a solo artist... I'm in love with her again and this song too..

"..you may be the righteous one.. but it won't be right for me.. how it lasted so long.. it's a mystery to me..." "-- i used to love you.. see the light inside of you.. I used to dream that you were an angel.." and I was a starving child...
So I posted the above after coming home with a little too much holiday cheer from a party I was at. Eggnog with Baileys... yum last night, but not so much this morning. Black coffee, please. I am really happy Stevie was inducted as a solo artist - but it doesn't really matter to me that she's the first female to be inducted twice. I mean..

Tina Turner and Carole King! I had no idea that they weren't in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame for their solo careers - I guess I just assumed they were. I mean the "Private Dancer" and especially "Tapestry" albums alone should have sealed the deal with these ladies. Two of my favorites records of all time. I've seen Tina in concert six times (once when Lindsey opened for her which was cool) and she danced longer and harder than her much younger dancers up on that stage. And I only saw Carole King once with James Taylor and she was so very good. I've seen the musical "Beautiful" twice and it is a remarkable tribute to all the beautiful music she created.

I also can't believe Warren Zevon, the Doobie Brothers, Joe Cocker and Todd Rundgren aren't in the hall. At least Todd was in the discussion this year.

Happy Holidays and play nice, at least until January.