View Single Post
Old 12-17-2018, 05:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sands of time View Post
Yes. That is the context that proves my point. He says "blah blah blah better than any tour I've ever been on." And he has many years experience working with Lindsey. If someone who had never worked with Lindsey before were to make that statement, it would have nothing to do with Lindsey. Taku's quote has everything to do with him.
He also toured with Stevie 2005-06.

2003-04: Fleetwood Mac, Buckingham "Soundstage" appearance (2003) (as percussionist, though he played an electronic drum)
2005-06: Nicks
2006-07: Buckingham (as the main drummer, not an auxiliary percussionist)
2010: Nicks (just a few shows, not a full-scale tour)
2018-19: Fleetwood Mac

So maybe (just maybe) he and Buckingham didn't get along, and so Fleetwood Mac could invite him back only after Lindsey's departure. Just speculation. Lindsey changed drummers after the second leg of his Under The Skin tour, but I don't know the circumstances. It may have been nothing more than Lindsey deciding to go with an experienced drummer rather than someone whose experience was as a percussionist. Even if under innocuous circumstances, it might have just been too politically infeasible for them to keep working together in Fleetwood Mac given that in 2007 Taku either left or was asked to.

Last edited by cbBen; 12-18-2018 at 02:13 PM..