View Single Post
Old 12-15-2018, 06:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Wow, if your analysis is correct, Stevie feels like a stranger in Fleetwood Mac. All those years without Christine Lindsey played her solo songs in Fleetwood Mac concerts. While Lindsey may not have said anything to Stevie, I am sure Chris and Mick would have still congratulated her. Stevie is just as passive/aggressive as Lindsey.
Its actually pathetic she would say such a thing because if your theory is correct, it almost implies that Lindsey would hold Mick and Christine hostage to not say anything.
I don't think anything would be further from the truth.
Everybody's perception is different- Stevie was giving hers, but she could easily have been wrong. I do remember when she was on the cover of Rolling Stone a few years back, during the FM tour where Christine returned, and Mick, John, and Lindsey refused to be interviewed for the article since it was about Stevie. Only Christine agreed to talk to the interviewer. So I can see, after hearing from an objective third party that there was definitely tension about her solo career then, why she would expect tension when she was inducted... and how happy she was when there was none. For whatever the reason, whether it was because Lindsey wasn't there or because Mick was in a good mood or some other reason, in her eyes there was no tension this time.