View Single Post
Old 12-10-2018, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
We probably all would. Even those who say 'no' would come around.

I know you people!!!
And if/when it happens, they will make a huuuuuuuge deal of the reconciliation and "Landslide" will cease being about Hurricane Katrina or Hillary Clinton's bid for presidency or Tom Petty's death and be about rock's most dysfunctional team's unshakable bond. Stevie will say "I believe Lindsey's return to the band was the result of all the fans collectively wishing for his return--the universe speaking..."

For years, FM fans were compelled to choose between Peter Green's band or the Rumours lineup. Then, we all struggled to pick a side regarding Bob Welch's lawsuit and the RRHOF snub. Then a smaller but vocal subset of fans bemoaned Christine's return as the deathknell for Buckingham Nicks-focused Mac. Then we debated over whether Buckingham McVie was really a FM record. Through it all we argued with one another over the prospect of a new album and whether or not new music was still important. Through it all, we also debated as to whether Lindsey was truly physically abusive to Stevie and/or Stevie verbally and physically abusive to him. Tours continue to come and go. No new music is made. The fighting escalates. The managers spin. The press gobbles it all up.

And, well, I really love Otis Span.