View Single Post
Old 12-05-2018, 12:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There is a photo making the rounds on Social Media that someone created where it shows every single member of Fleetwood Mac including the new members and some people are using that photo to justify Lindsey's firing by pointing out the many members who have come and gone from FM. Yes FM has a long history of lineup changes but name anyone outside the 75-87 era that was either in the band for a substantial amount of time and or brought them success equal to or greater then the Rumors era.

To try to put Bob Brunning, Dave Walker, Bob Weston, etc in the same category as anyone from the 75-87 lineup is laughable. None of those guys contributed anything of real substance to the band as their time in the band was so brief. Who besides us die hard fans even knows anyone outside of the Rumours era (Peter Green and Bob Welch being the exception).

SN was the one who said Lindsey didn't want to play anything pre 75 and yet the ONLY Bob Welch song they were doing has since been dropped. Yet they have kept cover songs in and a very tacky tribute to Tom Petty when FM lost one of their own members (Danny Kirwan) just recently. You can't share a poster and go on and on about the various members and then turn around and accept a tribute to someone who was never a member of FM while ignoring someone who was a member.

The fact that people think it is ok that are doing this is pretty insulting.

As for SN being inducted in the RRHOF. I voted for her to get in but I will say that as a whole RRHOF is a joke. Many people are in there who have no business being in there when they are more deserving people who haven't been inducted (Pate Benetar, Tina Turner come to mind). SN solo career is is interesting to say the least. On one hand I do think she deserves to be there because she has allot of influence on some of today's stars and did have some big success in the 80's as a solo artist. I can see some people's point though regarding her actual sales and overall success when compared to other artists not inducted.

She had 1 number album and after that her albums continued to sell less and less. Yes she still had top 10 albums and successful tours but by 1991 her albums stopped selling big numbers. If it wasn't for the FM reunion in 97 I think none of her 90's work would have gone gold. She was headed for the state fair circuit until the big reunion. That isn't a dig just a fact.

I have always felt her solo albums were a mixed bag. Some truly fantastic music but then on the same CD some real duds. I think RAL has a lot of very cheesy 80's production on it but yet some of her songs on there are very good. My favorite album is TISL because allot of things were going on in my life at that time and I related to the music.

My least favorite album is her last CD as her voice was too nasal and I was disappointed that of all the demos she has out there that she chose to include another version of Twisted and a cover song by Vanessa Carlton.

Lindsey may not be a big name compared to her but at least he has something to say and isn't content to rest on the GH like she is doing with FM. They made such a big deal about honoring more then just the Rumors era and they have kept just 1 song in the set list from the pre 75 era that is actually a rare cut. Oh Well doesn't count because it has been done often enough since 75 that it isn't really an obscure song.

To me the band has ruined their legacy and whether they sell tickets or not the brand is tarnished and at the end of the day when all is said and done what people will remember is how it ended and not the great music that was made for 50 plus years.