View Single Post
Old 11-20-2018, 11:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default the meaning of "negativity"

it's interesting, i was at the FM News page yesterday, looking through the comments, asking questions of some of the commenters who were screaming "stop the negativity!" you know what prompted their comments? here's just one example: this title of the gigwise review of Lindsey's show, posted with the link to the review -

A brand new start for the sacked Mac member: 'Energised, effusive and clearly enthralled', says Lee Zimmerman, who reports for Gigwise from Knoxville

when i asked those commenters, why are they calling that extremely positive review of LB's recent show "negativity", some said - well, it says he was sacked. that's negative.

i and others replied - but that's not negative, that's just the fact. yet at least 4-5 people (who post there all the time, bashing LB) still insisted that whole post and the review was negative. they got back a number of questions and statements saying that again, this is a very nice review, and a positive and forward looking title, stating how Lindsey is making a fantastic fresh start - basically lemonade out of lemons.

so if you define anything positive about LB as "negativity" well then, maybe you have a problem? and if anything positive about him bothers you, just don't read it!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 11-20-2018 at 11:12 AM..