View Single Post
Old 11-03-2018, 09:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Yes I believe she has an ego, but I don't see where she'd be upset with them for releasing material they already had in the can (and that she was invited to participate in), unless there is more to the story (such as, for example, someone like Mick or Irving Azoff lobbying to release the album under the Fleetwood Mac name).
It doesn't make sense that she would get angry at them for releasing their work without her after she turned them down, unless she perhaps felt embarrassed by the obvious conclusion everyone drew (despite what was being said by Lindsey and Christine) that this would have been a Fleetwood Mac album if it had not been for Stevie's refusal to participate. Perhaps she felt they should have released it as separate solo albums to avoid that, and especially hated the name, which she would assume was a callback to Buckingham Nicks (and honestly it does seem to hearken back to that).

Still, I'm just speculating. Honestly, I personally don't think the BM album factored into the firing as much as some others here do, but I have absolutely zero to base that opinion upon.

But why listen to me? My feeling is that Stevie wouldn't fire Lindsey over that, but my feelings about Stevie over the past few months have often turned out to be very wrong.

Last edited by sodascouts; 11-03-2018 at 09:54 AM..