View Single Post
Old 10-29-2018, 06:26 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
I made a little joke about benzos making you sleepy which they actually did in my experience and now I've breached some sort of moral high ground? Does anyone remember laughter? Out of all the pharmaceuticals I've ingested in my lifetime those are the ones I'm most happy to be free of. I don't need a lecture or a PSA about drugs/bad. I will say there were times when they helped me feel like I wasn't going to die when I was suddenly and inexplicably filled with panic.
Please feel free to pick whatever side you want to be on. I'm not campaining for anyone. I'm expressing a viewpoint that may or may not be relevant to you. This place has turned into a f*cking drag man. Yeesh.
Nobody's saying you or anyone needs a lecture/PSA about drugs. One supposes it was a joke, sure, but it's ridiculous to imagine that a person taking Klonopin multiple times a day for years would be merely lethargic. That is, it's not to say that it isn't something to be joked about (you're not the only one who can have some fun laughing/crying about past drug use) it's to say it wasn't a funny or good joke and it doesn't help the "Stevie side" of things. In fact, the last few comments have me wondering if you're actually one of those pro-LB psychos who fantasize that Karen Johnston has been weaponized by SN and find any way they can to insult the music/hair/clothes/voice/career of SN—even going so far as to try and convince people that the shows aren't selling.

What I mean, really? I've been reading the last few weeks of threads and certainly found some solace in your posts, often when you do make a joke or counter some seriously delusional/misogynist (yes, misogynist) comments with something equally galling/funny/challening, but the comments in this thread push you over into TROLL territory. How could either of the comments you made serve to slow or challenge or negate all the awful stuff people have been writing about Stevie Nicks? THEY DON'T. THEY HELP PROVE PEOPLE'S ASSERTIONS, which is a shame...

The only "side" I'm on is the side of music I love and no amount of stupid, vengeful, litigious oldsters, LIZ ROSENBERG, angry/dissapointed fans, or even the possibility that all of these people are more horrible than any of us imagined is going to change that.

and don't even for one GD second try to imply that *I* have anything to do with your assertion that the Ledge has turned into a "....drag, man"....I get it, it's a joke, it's not *about* me, but, really, to tack that one to the end of your comment, like somehow, after what I've been reading here, one little post about how serious a drug Klonopin is (you know, in case any members have been so casually handed it, as Nicks claims she was) and you're LAMENTING THE STATE OF THE MESSAGE BOARD??!?!

I've been on here a decade and the last time I commented before these few weeks was 4 years ago when Warners f'ed up my 24K pre-order. I don't have a THING TO DO with anyone's opinion on how this message board has allegedly devolved...