View Single Post
Old 10-28-2018, 06:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I guess it's just perspective. Being a teenager when Lindsey left in 1987, I was devastated, freaked out, depressed, you name it, but I didn't hate or begrudge Lindsey for leaving the band. When FM added Billy and Rick for the tour, I skipped the tour, because I felt it wasn't really FM. Then I read all the reviews, and then later I bought their Greatest Hits and fell in love with As Long As You Follow, which gave me hope that a new album by FM would be worth checking out. And when Save Me came out, I was hooked again, just like when I heard Big Love for the first time on the radio. So for me, there was life for FM after Lindsey left. But, I didn't feel the same way when Time came out. However, I didn't hate or begrudge FM for recording Time without Lindsey, Stevie, or Rick. And I didn't hate or begrudge Lindsey when he vetoed letting Christine record songs with them for Say You Will. Likewise, I don't hate or begrudge FM for firing Lindsey. Nor do I hate or begrudge Lindsey for suing FM. And just like I gave FM a chance when Lindsey left, and then when Stevie and Rick left, and then when Dave Mason and Bekka joined, and then when Christine left, I'm going to give them a chance now with Lindsey gone and Neil and Mike on board.

Wilsonmac, I don't expect you to change your mind based on my response, but I hope you CAN see how I, as a fan, could support this latest incarnation of FM.
This!!! Well, except for Time. That was when Stevie was at her worst, thanks to Klonopin, so I was happy Bekka was there. And Dave Mason seemed like a step up, at least in terms of name recognition. Plus, I was also a big Delaney & Bonnie fan. I wish they had done a proper tour for the album.

THE Stephen Hopkins