View Single Post
Old 10-25-2018, 11:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Ah, I see what you meant now, sorry.

But anyway, you're just extrapolating on my point that Irving, who was presumably contractually obliged to represent the best interests of his client Lindsey, may not have been doing so in connection with the matter of this FM tour. In which case, there would be questions of legal liability and professional standards/ethics violations.
To which he could argue that Lindsey breached his contract by going out of his way to hurt something he was heavily invested in.

Quote:
Even if we assume that Lindsey "blew it" with Irving as the King of Concerts due to, say, public attitude or remarks in 2017, Irving as the Manager of Lindsey Buckingham likely had contractual and ethical obligations to remove himself as Lindsey's manager, not stay at the helm to ensure that the ship sailed straight into the iceberg.
To which Azoff could counter that Buckingham breached the contract by talking down the show. We’re not industry lawyers, so none of us know. I just know I thought he was in trouble when I heard him say that.

THE Stephen Hopkins