View Single Post
Old 10-21-2018, 10:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
Ok ... Rolling Stone (one of the softest reviewers in the business) gave two of Lindsey's albums 4 out of 5 stars. That's a solid but unspectacular review.
Huh?

Quote:
Again, my original point (which you seem to be ignoring) is simply that Lindsey has had a solid but not critically acclaimed solo career.
I'm not ignoring your point. I'm telling you that your point is flat-out wrong. I don't know how much clearer I can be. I appear to be taxing your intellect.

Quote:
One of the best music critic aggregate websites is BestEverAlbums.com. That sight aggregate ranks Out of The Cradle as Lindsey's best album and puts it as the #6048 album of all-time based on critics' reviews. That's Lindsey's only solo album in the top 10,000.

Stevie, on the other hand, has Bella Donna (aggregate rank at #1653) and The Wild Heart (aggregate rank at #4164). So based on aggregate critics' reviews, Stevie has two albums far ahead of Lindsey's best solo work.

For comparison, they have Rumours ranked at #32 of all-time and Tusk at #565. In fact, they have seven Mac albums ranked ahead of any of the solo albums by Stevie or Lindsey.

Bottom line, neither of them have been solo critical darlings based on these numbers although I don't dispute that Lindsey has been the critical darling for the Mac albums.
You're pulling my leg, right? I'm being punked for a reality TV show?

What the hell is this? Sociological data mining?

"This web site's purpose is to achieve a means of establishing the greatest music albums of all time by using legitimate critical sources and calculating a ranking based on the rank and number of times an album has appeared in a 'greatest album' chart and then ranking the albums according to their aggregate performance." (https://www.besteveralbums.com/)

moviekinks.blogspot.com