View Single Post
Old 10-21-2018, 09:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
Your saying that Lindsey's solo work is critically acclaimed doesn't make it true. Lindsey's work in FM has been critically acclaimed no doubt. His solo work not so much. His overall Metacritic solo album ranking (includes all major publications) is 76 out of 100 which puts him in the "generally favorable" region and not critically acclaimed.
But you're arguing that Stevie's solo work has the edge, yet Metacritic rates her a 68.

Incidentally, have you spent any time reading reviews of the Buckingham and Nicks solo albums in the Blue Letter Archives, as I suggested? Spend some time checking out what the country's top rock critics had to say about each of them in Rolling Stone, the Village Voice, the New York Times, the Los Angeles Times, Stereo Review, the Record, Guitar Player, the San Francisco Chronicle, the Boston Globe, the Philadelphia Enquirer, the Washington Post, and so on.

You'll find a very clear pattern of critical praise for his solo work since 1981, and at best reserved approval of her work since 1981. You'll find generally the same critical treatment of the two of them in Fleetwood Mac, too, if you look at both album reviews and concert reviews. Exceptions here and there over time, but the pattern is precisely what I said it was: historically, he's the critics' pet and she's the wildly popular solo performer with the big following.

I know you've been browbeaten in this forum lately, and I feel a bit bad for you. But I do wish you'd engage with me and others with some intellectual honesty instead of treating everybody flippantly and condescendingly. If you insist on being contrarian and perverse, I'll talk to somebody else.

moviekinks.blogspot.com