View Single Post
Old 10-16-2018, 10:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Lindsey never fully committed to tour in 1987. Some of the promoters were busy planning and expecting a tour. You cant set up a tour at the last minute. I clearly remember listening to a Fleetwood Mac radio Tango in the Night promotion. It was a 2 hour promo with interview with all the band members. Big Love was just released as a single. Lindsey was asked directly about a tour and he said something like "there are no plans yet but there is silence on this issue. Then he laughingly said I don't know what that silence means so its possible."
In addition, the "Shake the Cage Tour" was quite extensive. I don't think Lindsey would have agreed to such a long world tour.
Sorry Macfan4life, but I remember reading several interviews, reviews, and articles about FM in 1987, and my memory jibes with David. I agree Lindsey never agreed to such a long world tour- he agreed to an 8 week tour of the US or something to that effect. It was a compromise for all of them. I totally accept that Lindsey made those comments in March when Big Love was released, but Lindsey didn't leave the band until August. Lindsey had agreed to a short US tour sometime after March, probably in June or July, and the tour scheduling started. As noted by others here, these tours are planned way ahead. When Lindsey backed out of the tour in August, FM added Billy and Rick as replacements and added on to the dates already scheduled by their people, so to speak. Lindsey had also agreed to adding other musicians to the tour, which against shows he was planning to tour with the band initially.