View Single Post
Old 10-14-2018, 09:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Glad it's not just me who thought that after reading lovethemac1's review.

If the show finishes at 11 pm and there are 60 m&g people to "process," I can see that there would be logistical issues, and we know that Lindsey doesn't like to stay up too late. But sorry, in that case they need to shorten the opening act and have Lindsey finish at 10:40 or whatever.

Obviously no one wants to be standing around in line while some clueless gasbag is chatting up a storm with the celeb for 5 minutes, but if you can't get say 60 seconds of talking without being told by a minder to "Stop talking!", that's pretty lame, regardless of it being better value than Mick's "fleece n greet" by many orders of magnitude. lovethemac1 and her long-suffering hubby deserve better than that after making it all the way down to LA for the show.

That said, I don't imagine I have much more than 30 seconds worth of anything to say, at least in such a high-pressure situation.
Thank you, we had a good chuckle at that comment, my husband would like to agree that he's my long-suffering husband!! haha, dragged all over hell's half acre to follow me on my music quests.

Anyways, I do agree with you all that 30 secs is really not long enough, and you do need your questions all ready to go. I'm just relieved that by the time we made it in, we had waited in so many lines that my nerves were calmed right down, and I didn't cry like a baby on Lindsey's shoulder. But it is a high pressure situation, most people in line looked like deer in headlights. So you really can't have much of a conversation.

The other thing about having the meet and greet before the show, that was a bit frustrating was: you are there early, you are finished the meet and greet early, you can't leave the venue after the meet and greet and before the show yet there is about 45 mins to an hour of waiting for the opening act to start. But the opening act is really worth seeing. And lots of people who didn't come for the VIP experience missed it. It's only one night, and a fun one at that, so I really don't want to complain tons. The concert itself was worth all of the other little things.