View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannondontgo View Post
Has anybody here ever heard of them having this rule before? The band has been legally a partnership since 76 apparently, yet there’s been many times that certain members hated something but had to go through with it anyway. If it was an equal partnership and one member could put a stop to any band decision, i’m positive Stevie wouldn’t just have objected to the name Tusk but also would’ve put a stop to putting the dog on the cover (which irritated her endlessly according to band insiders). She also says she was 110% against putting I Don’t Want To Know on Rumours and dramatially claims she “had to record it with a gun to her head”. And again she was apparently very against them performing the song Come on tour.
Stevie, as much as I love her, is one of the most stubborn, petty, controlling artists I know of. If she had the power to put a stop to any of these things that she hated due to an “equal partnership ruled by unanimous voting”, there’s no way she wouldn’t have used that power to get her way time and time again.
I think some things are more important than others. Deciding what goes on an album cover or which song to be included on an album can be reached by consensus or a majority rules decision. When you're talking about dismissing a member of the band or touring conditions, that's a whole other ballgame.