View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 02:35 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I think management, promoters, and legal had more to do with his firing than Stevie. I don’t doubt for a second that Stevie had a major outburst and gave an ultimatum. I also think that was a fire they (management and legal) could have put out, if they had been so inclined. They could have talked Stevie down. (BTW, I have no doubt that Mick and Christine heard about their dancing, too. But they have a very different relationship with Stevie.)

But, Lindsey’s comments before Classic West and what many perceived as a lackluster performance on his part, especially compared to his enthusiastic performances with LBCM, ultimately did him in. A concurrent tour? He’d already proven to management and promoters (which was pretty much one and the same with Classic West) that he couldn’t maintain his enthusiasm for Fleetwood Mac when he was also promoting a new project. It was one of the biggest things Azoff ever did, and Lindsey basically took a dump on it when they were still selling tickets. I think Lindsey made himself a liability in management’s eyes.

I could be wrong, but there’s enough between the lines..
I agree with a lot of this. I think this has even more to do with management than bad blood with Stevie. I believe that Mick is still hurting financially from his last divorce and they quietly whispered to him and the rest of the band, you will make more if you get rid of him. Lindsey as far as i know is the wealthiest of the group; he has made smart financial decisions. The way in which this has played out makes my skin crawl. I hope they all have trouble sleeping at night.

I wouldn't pay $1.00 to see Fleetwood Mac