View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 06:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default The story is on my local news.

I'm sitting here enjoying my cup of coffee watching the local news - my morning ritual. And the story about Lindsey suing Fleetwood Mac came up. My local news in small town Missouri was talking about it - this is getting to be too much. I really don't have the energy to care anymore about this continued drama. So I think today I will kick back and listen to Lindsey's Anthology from front to back which I'm loving, and then listen to Fleetwood Mac, Rumours, Tusk, Mirage and Tango in the Night. And yes I will buy the new Fleetwood Mac 50 Years Don't Stop compilation and listen to it repeatedly.

I fell in love with Fleetwood Mac on Christmas night in 1976 when my sister gave me the "Fleetwood Mac' album - I sat in my room with the album cover, headphones on, listening to this record over and over and just fell in love. One of my best Christmas presents.

This whole situation just really makes me sad. But in reality, this pales with all the other bigger issues going on in this crazy world.

So I will choose to focus on the music that this fantastic band created, knowing that I will never see the Five perform as a band again. And that's ok. It's only rock and roll - too bad Fleetwood Mac made it about so much more.