View Single Post
Old 09-22-2018, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I love all the people who hate Lindsey (not the people who are not his biggest fans, but the real haters) who are always banging on about how it's fine, it's great, those are band songs so they should do them blah blah blah.

But I guarantee you (and here's where they'll all jump on and say this isn't so) if LB had orchestrated her ouster, and the brought on some chick to stand there and mimic her doing GDW and everything else-- all her little vocal quirks, "you can't save me now" and all that jazz...they'd be barking like mad dogs. Again, they'll deny it, but if their girl was replaced and they put some chick in black dresses and a top hat to stand there and imitate Stevie they'd be p*ssed. *I* would be p*ssed, as I would be if they got another keyboardist who tried to be Chris. Someone standing in and not just playing but trying to emulate the interactions onstage of the ousted member with the other band members-- beyond cheesy.
Hmmm... interesting point. I agree that if FM had replaced Stevie with another woman and put her in a black dress and doing her vocal quirks and mimicking her dancing, people would be upset. But if the band let the new female singer bring her own style, like Bekka did when she replaced Stevie, then most people would have been ok with it. In this case, Neil seems different enough from Lindsey that the problem you mention shouldn't be an issue. Now if Neil wore a grey vest and pants, and a hat from which underneath he sported a mop of luscious curly hair like Lindsey had during their Mirage tour, I would be with you completely!

Last edited by bwboy; 09-22-2018 at 12:45 PM..