View Single Post
Old 09-08-2018, 08:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
This is a great viewpoint.

I finally decided to show my husband the Ellen videos. He has no vested interest in FM and humors me and my obsession. Rarely ever watches any of the things that I watch on FM. But he has been to concerts with me, so has witnessed both the Christine-less years, as well as the return of Chris.

He is a drummer and a musician, from a family of musicians and performers, so completely understands music, performing, etc.

His comment was “Well that was a cross between amateurs and has-beens. You must be really disappointed.” He has enough chops to recognize that something so important as the debut performance should have been booked and executed in such a way that they shone. Then he said “that’s depressing to watch.” Which made me tear up. It breaks my heart.

He thought Neil wasn’t very good, Mike is talented, but wtf was that piano thingy, Stevie looks like a Botox experiment gone bad, Chris sooo cute, John and Mick-standard.

Then he gave me a big hug and said he’s sorry that my band blew up. I really cried at that point.
Perfect summation. And we are in synch emotionally. I need a husband.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.