View Single Post
Old 08-31-2018, 04:12 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
and......your point is, what, exactly?
As per my post above. If there are any bits you don't understand, then please ask.

Because otherwise: my point is that I have detailed where I disagree with you and given supporting arguments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
How so?

If you choose to believe that there were tour date disagreements or conflict between SnL that couldn't be resolved you come to the point that they can not agree...so your two options are continue and tour or disband.

Now clearly everyone including Mick have solo or business endeavours that can continue with that will keep them financially afloat personally and if they are touring solo they get their tour and audience fix outside of FM.

So the choice was made to continue to tour as FM without Lindsey based on the financial benefits they would reap foremost.
You are presenting one possibility as the only possibility. Other potential factors include: wanting to put on the best show for the audience, too many members of the band not being prepared to work with Lindsey any more due to personal friction (which could easily be Lindsey's fault as well BTW), not believing that Lindsey would actually ever tour or would be unreliable (as in 1987), and an infinite number of other possibilities.

I'm not saying that money is not a factor, clearly it is for professional musicians. But, to simply state a simple 'money trumped at the end of the day' is a woefully premature conclusion with no indications of any uncertainty. It's also attributing base motivations to one side.

Last edited by Ench; 08-31-2018 at 04:18 PM..