View Single Post
Old 08-31-2018, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
But when you add up all the circumstantial evidence, the tour dates excuse seems pretty lame.
Too bad you can’t tell the WHOLE truth when presenting “evidence.”

Quote:
Jury: Exhibit A

Stevie refuses to join Fleetwood Mac in the studio claiming records don't sell. However that did not stop Stevie from recording 2 solo albums recently and touring to support them.
1. She was under contract to make those albums.

2. She came to the conclusion that albums don’t sell after two years of working the first of the two aforementioned albums.

3. The second album was just rerecordings of old demos she found on YouTube. She spent like all of a week recording it. Why put a lot of effort recording something that‘s not going to sell?

4. These are her EXACT, FULL quotes about a new FLEETWOOD MAC album:

http://www.fleetwoodmacnews.com/2016...d-mac.html?m=1

"The only reason that I don’t really wanna do a record is because I think that, in a year and a half, we’ll probably go out and do another Fleetwood Mac tour, since Christine has come back,"

"Do we want to go and close ourselves up in a studio for a year, [and] make a record that’s really good but that probably won’t sell, because records don’t really sell that much?" she asks. "And then we'll have been stuffed together for a year in one room, and...when you come out of that room, we may not want to go on a tour!"

"I think that we should choose the tour over the record," she tells ABC Radio. "Because touring is much more fun than making a record when you don’t have any idea how that record’s gonna come out."

As with anything, these quotes are open to interpretation. To me, it reads that she’s more concerned about the band dynamics (read: the SnL dynamic) being able to survive an album than simply being against making new music.

Quote:
Exhibit B
Fleetwood Mac did record Buckingham/McVie but dared not to call it a Fleetwood Mac album. Clearly this would upset Stevie or she was pissed the band went on without her.
OR, they concluded that it would have been too confusing having an otherwise full, active member of the band on hiatus from a project.

Quote:
Exhibit C
The changing stories from Mick. First it was about tour dates. Lately it was just that they did not feel good with Lindsey. Huh? We know Stevie is the only band member who does not get along with Lindsey. Its a fair assumption that Stevie gave an ultimatum …"I refuse to record with him, and I refuse to tour with him" Being the band wants to tour, Mick made his pick and the rest is history.
I agree that changing stories is never good. But there could be reasons for it, like quickly changing the subject during an interview. I’d guess there might be a gag order preventing any of them from discussing what went down, or they would have by now.

Quote:
Back to tour dates. Lindsey's solo tour ends about a month after the Mac tour started. When you lie like Stevie did about touring, you know there is another reason.
Huh? Fleetwood Mac’s tour starts Oct. 3, goes through Dec. 13 and picks back up Feb. 5 going through Apr. 5. Lindsey’s tour starts Oct. 7 and goes through Dec. 9.

THE Stephen Hopkins