View Single Post
Old 08-31-2018, 10:28 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Of course Lindsey played a role in all of this. We will likely never know the truth, regardless of what the detectives in this board think. The problem I have is how it was done and that it doesn’t appear everything was done to try to work it out.
Yes, we'll never know the exact truth. Though, I suspect we'll hear more details from both sides at some time.

I suspect that there was a time reasonably recently (possibly even early this year) when a Rumours lineup tour was on the cards, and the four members were prepared to tour with Lindsey. Otherwise even starting the negotiations makes no sense. And this would include Stevie being prepared (not happy to, I would think) to work with Lindsey.

It could have been 'solved' by one side or the other simply agreeing to what the other side asked for. However, it's not necessarily a good idea for that to happen.

While FM was his cash cow, Lindsey's solo work appears to be more important for him, and from an artistic point of view that makes sense to me. Lindsey's solo work has been ... affected by FM business repeatedly in the past. It's possible, and reasonable, that he didn't want this again.

On FM's side, while it's suggested that Lindsey would have joined them for a tour at some point, did they believe that they could trust that? We know that Lindsey left them in the lurch in 1987. By making the choice they did, it appears that full commitments to the tour were made by all six members. So, it may be a case that FM didn't want the tour to go on the never never. Again, that's reasonable.

It seems to me that there were 'factions' and what they wanted didn't match up. So, we end up where we are.