View Single Post
Old 08-22-2018, 04:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
I totally agree....he had no desire to get that level of success personally because he had fame and commercial success already in one aspect of his career. I think initially it bothered him that Stevie had a successful solo career and he didn't have it to the same degree but I think with his last three albums he gave up caring about her and being competitive and focused solely on his own individual growth and fulfilment
I agree with your statements with his last 3 solo albums. I recently watched Lindsey's Behind the Music again which was filmed shortly after the Out of the Cradle tour. That album had some of the best reviews ever with some calling it possibly one of the best albums ever. There could have easily been 3 hit singles from that album. But it was sad to see him comment how he did not understand why his hit success with the Mac did not translate to his solo career. He joked at the concert for everyone not to yell out "Go your own way" right away. The album sales were very disappointing and the tour was even more disappointing. It was sad to see how sad and frustrated he was with so few recognizing his hard work and talent. I believe his lack of success of a solo artist is what made him go back to Fleetwood Mac. If he had a successful solo career, I don't think he would have went back.
In any event this is all water under the bridge now since clearly at this point in his life he is doing what pleases him only. He knows his solo albums are not commercially successful. He loves playing at small venues with hardcore fans rather than the huge arenas packed with casual or Stevie fans.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 08-22-2018 at 04:57 AM..