View Single Post
Old 08-19-2018, 07:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I respectfully disagree. I don't see any pendulum. They are competitors; two people that have almost zero in common when it comes to what they want from art. One wants "to be happy" and ride out pretending that she's some kind of important diva, and the other wants to continue to use his gifts and create and play new music. And it's been moving in that direction for a very long time.

They dated in the 70s, broke up and maybe had some break up sex along the way. But the truth of the matter is, people keep calling this part of some love/hate back and forth. I call bs on that.
I agree. Stevie loves the IDEA of her and Lindsey in some great love affair that broke apart. It fits in with her whole storybook fantasyland type of thinking/living. They both continue to write songs about one another, but as for their spectacular "love"....meh, they only dated a few years. I don't doubt they still love one another deep down....it's hard to not care about people, even after they massively hurt you. You can certainly love someone, but not like them. LOL

They are just too different in their personalities, goals and ways of thinking to be together...in any capacity, really.