View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 06:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
My friend Steve sees Fleetwood Mac as a crockpot—any good ingredient should get chucked in, where it'll simmer for several hours and break down and be just delicious. Throw in a little Dave Walker, Rick Vito, Bekka Bramlett, Dave Mason, Neil Finn (maybe throw in Tim Finn while you're at it), Sheryl Crow, Mike Campbell—if they're good musicians, you'll have a tangy gazpacho.
Neil Finn and Mike Campbell are in a completely different class than the rest of the listed people.

Quote:
I realize that we haven't really seen or heard from this latest group of parts, but we're all familiar enough with the two new guys and the departed guy to know that we're not going to be experiencing another classic lineup. By the way, those guys were memorable elements of their respective bands—Mike Campbell's guitar playing shot the Heartbreakers to worldwide popularity. But he isn't the right ingredient for Fleetwood Mac.
I think it’s too early to tell. And, who said it was going to be another classic lineup? I don’t think anyone, even those of us who are excited about it, believes it could possibly be mentioned in the same breath as the Peter Green or Rumours versions of Fleetwood Mac. There isn’t time for that and the current state of the industry wouldn’t allow for it. Still, it certainly has the potential to be compelling, if not great.

THE Stephen Hopkins