Thread: Is this fair?
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2018, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
I mean, this is ridiculous hyperbole.

Sorry that your argument isn't compelling, but prolonged periods of "jerkishness" hardly seems grounds for the firing of a band member. What I believe dreamsunwind was saying is that much of what you're citing was water under the bridge for these guys... decades ago.
Yup!
And the fact that they haven't even been in the studio in 15 years. Unless you count BuckVie which by all accounts went smoothly. And I'd never deny that he exhibited a lot of jerky behavior back in the day but to say "he was an ass in the studio in the 70s and 80s and 90s and 2000s" is an exaggeration/oversimplification that also overlooks a lot of other things. Such as during Tango when he was basically the only band member aside from Christine that was actually even trying to make an album. Mick and Stevie don't even remember much about the making of that album since they were stoned/high/not even there. Or that no one really had any complaints about Mirage. Or that they didn't even record a studio album during the 90s. Or that we know what the issues about SYW were etc etc.