Thread: Is this fair?
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2018, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
You keep saying this but I never understand what you mean by it. The 70s and 80s and 90s and even 2000s are over and the band isn't lingering in them. If you actually think someone woke up and said Lindsey doesn't deserve to be in the band anymore because he was a pain in the butt during Tusk or whenever else then I really don't know what to tell you. The entire band would've all fired each other decades ago if that's the way things worked and I guarantee it. And as for "current actions", you don't know what happened. None of us do. What we do know is that Lindsey had some solo touring thing he wanted and it's not true that he asked for a delay. We also know Lindsey wanted to make a final FM album and Stevie didn't so he released with Christine instead. Maybe that rumor about Stevie giving an ultimatum because she didn't want to tour with Lindsey anymore is true. Maybe she did just want Mike Campbell in the band and it all went downhill from there. Maybe he did yell at Karen. All we can do is speculate about those details but you can't say you know that this is what happened.
How is it hard to figure out what I mean? He was an ass in the studio in the 70s, 80s, 90s, and 2000s, so why would it be any different in the 2010s? It did not stop at Tusk. He was an ass for 50 years and it caught up with him. All you have to do is watch and listen to his interviews and you can see his jerkishness and overinflated ego (which does not mean Stevie or Mick do not have overinflated egos and bitchiness and pettiness too: they do and the backlash shows it is catching up with them too). I thought his comments about Christine’s songs leading up to BM were insufferable.

My point is that Lindsey was not completely blameless in getting fired. He was just unlucky that he was booted first.