View Single Post
Old 06-21-2018, 02:29 PM
Ledgie

"Dang, what I really want is just for them to realize their mistake and ask Lindsey back. Can it still happen someday?? I so desperately want it to happen... I want to love this band again... but I never will love any incarnations that are blighted by Lindsey's firing".

I share your sentiments Nancy. Lindsey was the creative genius who crafted their songs (and made them wealthy beyond their dreams). And with their advancing age, Lindsey has carried the rest of the group on his back in live performances. No question, he steals the show.

In 1987, I was disappointed when Lindsey left the band. But he left on his own terms. So I embraced the Burnett/Vito era hoping that they could rebound. It wasn't the same chemistry...but no hard feelings towards the band. And then came the Time lineup. Nothing else needs to be said.

With all due respect to Neil and Mike, I have no desire to listen to karaoke from the new members.

Sadly, time is running out. I'm sure they will move forward with their current lineup. How long will it take to heal the wounds? Life is too short. I'm afraid that a reconciliation will never place before its too late.