View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 05:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
I am incredibly thankful to Mick Fleetwood for steering the ship for about 50 years of incredible music.

Without Mick Fleetwood, there would be no Danny Kirwan songs in Fleetwood Mac.

Without Mick Fleetwood, there would be no Christine McVie songs in Fleetwood Mac.

Without Mick Fleetwood, there would be no Bob Welch songs in Fleetwood Mac.

Without Mick Fleetwood, there would be no Lindsey Buckingham songs in Fleetwood Mac. If you want to get specific, without Mick Fleetwood, Lindsey's career probably would have fizzled out and he would have most likely abandoned his music career like so many other talented musicians have done.

Without Mick Fleetwood, there would be no Stevie Nicks songs in Fleetwood Mac. If you want to get specific, Stevie Nicks may have returned home and abandoned her music career had it not been for Mick Fleetwood.

Thank you Mick for recruiting Danny Kirwan .

Thank you Mick for recruiting Christine Perfect to join the band.

Thank you Mick for recruiting Bob Welch to join when the band desperately needed a steady hand to transition between era's.

Thank you Mick for finding and recruiting Lindsey/Stevie to join the band and usher in a period that yielded so many classic albums.

Thank you Mick for all you have done for this band that we love ...
It is true that without Mick, there would be no Fleetwood Mac. It is true that he has accomplished a great deal that is worthy of respect, and there is much to thank him for.

But... what he has done now... I cannot respect it. I certainly cannot thank him for it.