View Single Post
Old 06-05-2018, 07:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SorcererJP View Post
I expect(ed) them not to play Europe anymore this round, so I bought myself a ticket for MSG. Bought it in the pre-sale with a bit of FOMO. Will fly in from The Netherlands that week. It was on my bucket list to fly to the US to see a Sevie/Mac-concert, since she/they did not perform in Holland/Europe tour after tour after tour.

I became a fan in 1987/1988 after watching the Tango-concert on TV. To me FM ws with Billy and Rick. Only after I spent an evening at Lindsey's feet on front row in Antwerp 2009, I became a fan of his work and performance. Yes, I'll miss him, but I'll give the rest of the band a fair chance. And I feel sad about all the hate overhere ..
How do you mean the Mac didn’t perform in Netherlands tour after tour? I’ve seen them in Amsterdam in 2013 and they played 2 Ziggo Dome shows that year. They also played it in 2015.

Yes interactions with Lindsey are the only thing why it was worth paying Micks m&gs or those front tix. I even told Lindsey once how that was the only reason many of us were buying them. In Europe (like Amsterdam) where floor was GA nobody was buying micks m&gs. He will be unpleasantly surprised now when his m&gs are even more and don’t come w tix.

I read many many many places how Mick sided with Stevie vs Lindsey because Stevie in the band means arena shows. Well, even though it may turn out more-less ok for them in the end, does not seem that arena shows are what they can sell right now!

Buckvie didn’t sell out many of their shows since they couldn’t ride Fleetwood Mac brand and nobody knew their names. But even with FM brand name and with Nicks in the band, FM don’t seem to be able to sell arenas now without Lindsey.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"