View Single Post
Old 06-01-2018, 06:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

OTOH, John Mayall & The Bluesbreakers “Blues Breakers with Eric Clapton” (aka the Beano album), which featured John, is largely considered a landmark album that made Clapton a guitar hero. “A Hard Road,” which featured Peter and John, was also a landmark album, and the first album to feature two members of Fleetwood Mac. Kind of important, wouldn’t you agree?

And, no Crowded House? I mean, I’d have cut two Neil interviews for DDIO.
That is not in dispute but its still not the same. Lindsey had solo albums during the 80s and 90s that were staples on MTV charting a top 10 single and top 20 something. Even his Holiday Road is probably so iconic that every generation knows it. He even sung on We Are The World record LOL. His solo songs even charted with Stevie's solo songs (1981) and Christine's (1984) which was a very unique feat to accomplish (according to Casey Kasem).
It seems you keep trying to rationalize this purposeful act with remote other acts. There is no comparison IMHO. Also, why would they play Crowded House on a Fleetwood Mac channel? They were not inspiration and their music has nothing to do with Fleetwood Mac. Lindsey being their producer of one of the most successful albums of all time as well as being one of their lead singers is clearly missing on such a channel.