View Single Post
Old 05-27-2018, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
Thanks for re-posting. I read through the whole Rick Turner exchange. Sounds like he got his information second or third hand so I suspect that he doesn't have the complete story. Even if he has the right story, it probably doesn't contradict the band's story.

Sounds like the band was planning a tour and Lindsey decided that he also wanted to have a solo tour in between Mac gigs. That's something that no promoter nor management team nor band would ever agree to for obvious reasons. The band was planning this tour for 1-2 years and then Lindsey decides he wants solo dates between Mac dates. That's a bit selfish don't you think? Why couldn't he wait until after the Mac tour?

I suspect the band and Lindsey went back and forth over various permutations and what may have happened is that eventually Lindsey proposed doing his solo tour first and then the Mac tour in 2019 and that may have been when the band pulled the plug and fired him. In Lindsey's mind, he was probably still planning on some version of a Mac tour. In the band's mind, Lindsey was being selfish and unreasonable in trying to change a tour that the other members were planning for a long time.

If that's close to the truth, I can't blame the band. No band would ever agree to have their lead guitarist/singer tour at the same time as the main band. And the drama that Lindsey was creating with a solo tour in parallel to a Mac tour was probably not worth it from the band's perspective.
Not really considering that The Pretenders just did that on their tour with Stevie.
But that's besides the point. The underlying reason people are so mad here is because there's a big huge double standard here. Stevie Nicks has delayed Fleetwood Mac so many times you can hardly count them. Fairly recently, she delayed an entire tour by a full year and even bragged about doing so during press for her solo documentary. She refused to record an album that every single other band member wanted, leaving them to release it as a duo between the two other singers with the other two musicians playing on. To other bands, that's a pretty bizarre thing and they probably wouldn't have allowed it. But of course because it was Stevie, that's what happened. And personally I don't think it's too selfish of Lindsey to ask the band for this considering how much-- including more than one of his own solo projects-- he's given them over the years. Drama sure, but selfish? He poured so much work into that band I think they should've tried to give him this, since they undoubtably always have and would have continued to do anything Stevie asked even though she's treated FM like a sidepiece for years, just because she's the cash cow.