View Single Post
Old 05-27-2018, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
Thanks for re-posting. I read through the whole Rick Turner exchange. Sounds like he got his information second or third hand so I suspect that he doesn't have the complete story. Even if he has the right story, it probably doesn't contradict the band's story.

Sounds like the band was planning a tour and Lindsey decided that he also wanted to have a solo tour in between Mac gigs. That's something that no promoter nor management team nor band would ever agree to for obvious reasons. The band was planning this tour for 1-2 years and then Lindsey decides he wants solo dates between Mac dates. That's a bit selfish don't you think? Why couldn't he wait until after the Mac tour?

I suspect the band and Lindsey went back and forth over various permutations and what may have happened is that eventually Lindsey proposed doing his solo tour first and then the Mac tour in 2019 and that may have been when the band pulled the plug and fired him. In Lindsey's mind, he was probably still planning on some version of a Mac tour. In the band's mind, Lindsey was being selfish and unreasonable in trying to change a tour that the other members were planning for a long time.

If that's close to the truth, I can't blame the band. No band would ever agree to have their lead guitarist/singer tour at the same time as the main band. And the drama that Lindsey was creating with a solo tour in parallel to a Mac tour was probably not worth it from the band's perspective.
Really? Stevie held up tours for YEARS and when the WHOLE band wanted to record SHE didn't. But what happens to HER>.....NOTHING!!!! Stevie, "i had to tell the band we can only tour every three years" PLEASE not buying this explanation ONE bit.