Thread: So...now what?
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2018, 02:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
Nope. I'm just a huge FM fan and a huge Neil Finn fan. I'm very sad to see Lindsey part with Fleetwood Mac but excited to see the new direction of the band. Excited to see my favorite songwriter join one of my favorite bands.
Sugar Mouse, so am I - a huge fan of both. Split Enz, Crowded House, Neil Finn and the Finn brother's music are engrained into our lives here and part of our national pride and cultural heritage.
HOWEVER, whilst I don't begrudge Neil for accepting this gig as he's hugely talented, I am hurt that members of FM have meant that this vacancy in the band even occurred in the first place. I just don't think it's going to work, nor to be honest would it, in my opinion, with ANY Lindsey substitutes. No one can replace Lindsey or even with two new musicians replicate his sound or amazing stage presence. It's an insult. And if they play Don't Dream it's over, that's even more cringy...sure it is the only song most Americans know....but as I can see you have an impressive and extensive knowledge of Neil's work, it's hardly his best song at all is it? It's an average mainstream, radio song.