Thread: So...now what?
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2018, 12:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I don't mean talent. I'm sure he's very talented. Waddy Wachtel is a very talented musician but I've always thought he and his arrangements completely butchered songs like Sara and Gypsy on Stevie's solo tours. That's what I'm referring to. Lindsey is pretty specific in terms of his guitar and the way that he plays and it's a very, very essential part of the 'Fleetwood Mac' sound, especially in their live shows. They're going to have to change the arrangements of a lot of their songs and the way they've played those songs for years now. And that would be the same if it's Neil Finn or Eric Clapton being brought in.
You may be right about that. However, I can tell you then ... Neil is a master arranger and performer. The songs may sound a bit different, but they will sound good. Really good.

And Mike Campbell is the main one who will be replacing Lindsey's guitar sounds and I bet Mike's up to the challenge. Mike is amazing.

And I guess I'm not attached to the songs sounding the same ... I'm just attached to them sounding good ... really good.

For example, have you heard Mike Campbell's version of "Oh Well"? He kills it ... comes really close to what Peter Green used to do. See below.