View Single Post
Old 05-10-2018, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
His happiness, or unhappiness to be more accurate, is only relevant when it starts affecting his performances and his attitude towards what he’s giving to the band. Lindsey stopped being able to hide his unhappiness, and that can become a cancer in a situation like Fleetwood Mac. I actually respect that he couldn’t hide it, but I can also see why the others wouldn’t want to deal with it.
How do you know his unhappiness started affecting his performances? You state this as if it's proven fact.

All you have is this:

1) In the opinion of some fans, he did not play as well as usual at two performances (BTW, I think people should watch his performance and see for themselves before repeating someone else's assessment of his playing that night).

2) Prior to these performances, in one interview, he stated that he was only doing these two performances for money.

#1 is a matter of opinion. Not everyone even agrees this is true.

Even if #1 were true, declaring that it must be caused by #2 is a logical fallacy:

Post hoc, ergo propter hoc.

In reality, there are many other things that could have affected his playing that night (if it was affected). You cannot state definitively it was due to his unhappiness with the situation, unless you are a mind reader. Consider that before you proffer it as justification for his firing.

Last edited by sodascouts; 05-10-2018 at 01:53 PM..