Thread: Set List Ideas
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2018, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
You know what, I actually don't think that FM's performance will be horrible at all. Mike Campbell is an amazing guitar player--both he and Finn are extremely talented. However, it's just not Fleetwood Mac. Trying to replace a lineup that creates magic with random different pieces of a puzzle just translates into bland and uninspired.

As a follower of this band for over 40 years, I've been there, done that. Billy Burnett and Rick Vito were great musicians. But, the 87-90 incarnation was lifeless. The magic was stolen.
I know what you mean, I'm totally on the fence about seeing FM, partially due to Lindsey's absence and partially due to not knowing a lot about the new guys, other than what I've read here. But what I've read here and seen in links provided by other folks, they look like they're great musicians. Plus I'm intrigued, I mean taking something out and putting another ingredient in, it's definitely going to be different- the question is, will I still like it? And unlike you, I loved Rick and Billy when they were in the band, even though I freely acknowledge it may not have been as dynamic as with Lindsey (sorry, I can't say they were lifeless).

I have a feeling the set list from opening night is going to undergo changes, too. They claim they're rehearsing over 60 songs to see what makes the cut, but I think they'll cut some pre-1975 tunes for more familiar ones throughout the tour, unless casual fans react that positively to old songs that are from practically a different genre. Rattlesnake Shake before or after Little Lies just seems impossible to imagine going over well, even though they did it in 1987-88. Just my opinion.