View Single Post
Old 04-29-2018, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I don't disagree with much of what you said, and I really appreciate a reasonable discussion like this. It's absolutely possible Stevie didn't participate because she has nothing to bring to the table. Maybe she doesn't have any new songs to share with FM. And yes, Lindsey and Christine got along very well last year. I think they pretty much always have, and she seemed even more appreciative of him since she unretired (a new word, I think!) The only part we disagree on is that their collaboration drove Stevie into such a frenzy of jealousy that she schemed to get Lindsey out of FM. The only way I would have believed that is if Buck/Vie had shot to #1, sold millions of copies, and maybe been nominated for or won a Grammy or two. Then I could see Stevie being jealous. But the album just did ok, probably about the same as her 24 Karat Gold album, but nothing that would have made her jealous, imo. As I've acknowledged, Stevie (and everyone else in FM) likes to make money, and I'm sure she would have been happy to keep the guaranteed sure thing in place for their tour unless something major had happened.
I hear what you're saying but the jealousy thing goes way, way back to 1975 when Christine & Lindsey wrote World Turning together. She was jealous of them working together. With the BuckVie album I think that's exactly it: they were working together and having a good time and going on the road. I don't think she cared whether the album did great or not. It was the mere fact that Lindsey was working with Christine in a way he never could (maybe never wanted) with her. Maybe Christine & Lindsey wanted to work together throughout their careers but never did because they didn't want to hurt her feelings. Don't forget that ALL FM members have always catered to her needs.

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced

Last edited by The Catdancer; 04-29-2018 at 02:49 PM..